Friday, June 10, 2011

Carrots

I love carrots.

I think they’re the most delicious vegetable to ever sit on my salad bowl and I could eat my weight in them.

Then of course, I might have to suffer the consequences….

INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT CARROTS

1 - Eating too many carrots might turn your skin ORANGE. It’s called, carotenemia. Of course it’s completely reversible, as long as you cut down on those crunchy orange vegetables.

But imagine your skin looking like:

Especially your palms and soles of your feet!! Ew. You’d look as though you have jaundice.

2 - Carrots are about 87% water, which is fantastic! Cause it means your consuming really little calories. In fact, there are about 52 calories in a cup of raw carrots. ONLY 52 CALORIES!

But I put my foot down on DRINKING carrots. I think a lot of the reason why I love carrots so much it’s its crunchy, fresh texture. OM CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH.

3 - The longest carrot ever was over 17 feet long.

This one is no match:

4 - So before condoms came about, something else was used to prevent pregnancy… CARROTS!

That’s right, Hippocrates, this Greek philosopher who had too many illegitimate children on his hands (I kid. I don’t know how many illegitimate children he had.) devised a naughty scheme for him to “hesho hesho” more.

He recommended women eat carrot seeds to prevent pregnancy.

The amazing thing is that some modern studies indicate there may be some validity to this and that eating carrot seeds after intercourse may in fact “prevent the egg implantation process and block progesterone synthesis.” - that was fancy science jargon that I’m completely lost about.

Scary looking motherf***er.

But what can I say, he was one of the outstanding figures in medicine.

5 - The carrot was a popular vegetable in ancient times. The Greeks and Romans ADORED this vegetable cause they believed it made you horny.

Okay Okay. I won’t be so crude: “The Ancient Greeks called the carrot a philtron, which translates to “love charm.” They believed the carrot made both men and women more amorous.” How’s that?

hahaha it is a little.. phallic shaped. (scroll down for a really nasty picture.)

.

.

.

.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

.

.

.

HAHAHA! A, WELL-HUNG CARROT. *snigger*

….

I’m such a child.

Okay! FIVE COOL facts about my favourite vegetable! Now I’m off to go munch on a couple of these delicious sticks.

Best way to eat carrots: RAW, in sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Social

Blog Archive