Featured Post

8 Days Itinerary Roadtrip in Iceland (For The Lazy Person)

I like luxury. I like comfort, and I HATE roughing it out. So when Abel and I decided on a on-the-road camping honeymoon to Iceland I was a...

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The most kick-ass gel eyeliner you can find

If you have oily lids like mine, you're in for a treat. I've found the ultimate gel eyeliner.

They're Real! Benefit Push-up Liner

You know how gel eyeliner typically looks like this:

I always end up losing the brush. I'm not very responsible.
Well mine looks like this:



Wait! But isn't that a pen? Doesn't gel liner have to brushed on? Well kids, Benefit has created this amazing liner that is idiot-proof! No really. It has to be the easiest eyeliner out there cause it doesn't require an extra brush.

Honestly, the reviews on Makeup Alley about this Benefit they're Real! push-up liner is at a rock-solid 2.5 out of 5 lipsticks, which isn't good, but I'm a big fan of it. - And so are plenty of beauty bloggers and vloggers! - I've been using it for the past two weeks and it has worked fabulously on my lids. The lines are clean, super close to the lids, it's seriously waterproof and so easy to use. Can't stop shoving it in my friends' faces. It hasn't really smudged either, as long as you prime your lids it stays on well. 

Let's get right into it:
The head is a smooth rubber tip.
 The tip is like a smooth rubber squeegee. And it looks like a black highlighter to be honest. The lines it draws are straight, and unlike a brush, it's stiff when you need to get those perfect lines, but soft and flexible enough to not hurt your skin.

It has a hole right at the end for the liner. 
It's simple to use because you twist the bottom knob to push the gel out of the tip.


That ugly knob at the end is the gel liner. hahaha, I'm so generous, I pushed out a little more than usual to take a photo of it for you guys. But really the gel liner has the consistency of all other gel liners, smooth, tacky gel.

It's the rubber tip that helps you spread the gel onto your lids in a straight line.

I experimented with a few types of lines on my skin:


The rubber squeegee tip allows you to go super close to your lash line, which I adore. The only downside to it is that because the lines are so thin, it's hard to shade the eyeliner in - which I have to do if I want my eyeliner to be visible when I open my eyes.

Here's what happens when you spray water and wipe it with a tissue:

Sprayed water onto my hand.

After wiping with a tissue. 
But really the unique thing about it, and it's best selling point, is how easy it is to use. The inbuilt rubber tip/ brush does everything for you. And the cap is a twist on cap so you don't have to worry about it popping off in your makeup case!

Check it out! I use it for work: This is my work look. I don't have the best skin.. But whatever.


P.S. Here's a tip for girls who struggle with keeping their gel eyeliners from smudging: LIQUID EYELINER. 

TIP Once you've drawn the perfect lines with your gel eyeliner, go over it with your liquid eyeliner, it stays on for much much longer! And because you've drawn it once, it's much easier to go over the lines!


Get the Benefit They're Real! Push-up Liner at Sephora for $38

No comments:

Post a Comment